Monday 4 January 2016

Social Media.

Social media is something that is extremely popular to the younger generation and slightly frown upon by the older generation. Since starting Fashion Communication and Promotion at university I have taken a love to social media in a different way than before. 
My favourite social site/app is Instagram as I am very passionate about Photography and I took it as an A-level so therefore, I love to scroll down Instagram and see pictures of new locations, the latest fashion and different and interesting photo shoots. I also love using this app to catch up with the celebrity lifestyle as they frequently post photos and videos of what they are up to and what they are wearing which I like to know about just to keep up with the latest trends. 
Another social app I use is Pinterest. I have previously written a blog about Pinterest so if you haven’t heard of it or would like to know more about it please read my previous blog. This app really helps me with my uni work, to put all of my ideas into one pinboard and easily view it later on in the week. I don’t only use it for uni though, I love to look at the amazing ideas that people have and how creative they get on their pinboards which inspires me to create my own. I love to search for images that would make up my perfect house or my perfect wardrobe. I really recommend this app/website for anyone that loves planning is creative and loves photography.
I find that Facebook is extremely helpful with keeping up with the latest fashion articles. By following fashion groups and pages on Facebook, different news stories come up on my news feed every day which I find are an interesting read. My uni course has its own group on Facebook for which all of the students can post fashion articles they have found or anything interesting that could relate to the course which I find brilliant as we can all share our ideas with each other easily using a social media which everyone has. 
I really recommend using social media for research and creativity as well as contacting friends and family as it is brilliant for finding out information and keeping up to date with what’s happening in the world whatever the subject.
Shelby xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Shelby Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig