Wednesday 20 April 2016

Reflective Journal. #fcp


I found task two a challenging task due to the low word count however, this has now provided me with the skill to cut down sentences and just show the important facts. I found creating the mood boards for this test very exciting as I knew in my head the exact consumer profile so I knew the type of images I wanted to include in the board. Doing small drawings to include in the task 2 report has made me look at drawing in a whole knew way. I found that the most effective drawings are the simple sketches that only have a small amount of colour on them to make the outline pop. Also the less detail on the drawing the better to make it look more visually attractive. Creating the mood boards and visual consumer profiles widened my creativity skills as I had to think about the colour, the font, they type of images I wanted to use and the layout of the images which will help me in future products. My group have chosen to create a mist that can be worn in the sun as a perfume as when perfume is worn in the sun it can create very serious burns which can then lead to skin cancer. Not many women knew about this so we wanted to make it more known to protect the lifestyle of others. Our big idea is to prevent women from burning in the sun die to perfume. We know women like wearing perfume as much as possible to disguise their natural scent however, at this point perfume can’t be worn in intense sun as it increases the risk of sun burns and skin cancer by a huge amount according to doctors. I customer insight is ‘I want to feel protected in the sun while smelling great!’ this body mist will give women the confidence they need while staying away from burning skin. Our product insight would be fruity SPF mist that is natural, non alcoholic and protected against ultra violate. As an extra we were thinking of making the design of the bottle and the smell link to different cocktails to give the brand and product a summery, holiday feel. Creating task 2 has now prepared me for this next task as I know more facts about the perfume industry and also about the effects of wearing perfume in the sun. At this point I need to concentrate more on my writing as I feel as though sometimes I can write too much about one thing so it seems boring when I could just get to the point quicker and save myself the spare words. I also need to keep practicing with my drawings to make them stand out and relate to the product.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Shelby Phillips | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig